The Language Training and Testing Center (LTTC): Evolution, Innovation, and Challenges
- 16:15-16:30 開場 （開場前の入室はご遠慮ください）
- 16:30-16:35 開会・講師紹介
- 16:35-17:55 講演
講演題目：The Language Training and Testing Center (LTTC): Evolution, Innovation, and Challenges
講演者：Professor Tien-en Kao, Executive Director of the LTTC (also Professor of the Department of Foreign Languages and Literature, National Taiwan University)
講演者：Dr Jessica Wu, R&D Program Director of the LTTC
講演要旨: In this talk, we will provide a snapshot of the most important activities performed by the Language Training and Testing Center (LTTC) in Taipei, Taiwan. Established in 1951 jointly by the US Government Aid Agency and the Executive Yuan's Council on US Aid, the LTTC initially conducted English language training for US-bound technical assistance program participants to enhance their English proficiency. Over the decades, as a non-profit educational foundation, the LTTC has expanded its activities and staff and developed language training programs and proficiency tests in English, French, German, Japanese, and Spanish. In line with the social and economic development of Taiwan society, the LTTC has continuously extended its services to meet the emerging needs of learners, teachers, test-takers, and other stakeholders by creating new teaching and testing programs and materials. At the 50-year mark, it had further expanded its activities to include the development of its flagship test, the General English Proficiency Test (GEPT), which is used widely around the country. Moreover, GEPT scores have been increasingly recognized globally as proof of English proficiency for Taiwanese learners who apply to study at an international institute, such as Waseda University. Through the case of the GEPT, we would like to present the LTTC's efforts in ensuring high test quality and positive test consequences. We would also like to share our experiences in mapping the GEPT onto an international framework, namely the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). In addition, two ongoing projects will be discussed in order to demonstrate the LTTC's unswerving commitment to providing programs and services that benefit language learning in Taiwan: the construction of the GEPT learner corpora, and the development of technology-enhanced instruction.
- 17:55-18:00 閉会
- 日時：2010年11月26日金曜日 16:30-18:00 （予定）
- 会場：早稲田大学（早稲田キャンパス）26 号館（別称：大隈（記念）タワー）地下多目的講義室
- 主催：早稲田大学遠隔教育センター・LTTC 財団法人語言訓練測験中心 (The Language Training & Testing Center, Taipei)
- 協力：早稲田大学 総合研究機構 情報教育研究所
- 連絡先：本講演会についてのお問い合わせは [email protected] 宛にお願いします。
- 会場案内：早稲田キャンパスならびに 26 号館へのアクセスにつきましては、以下の地図等をご参照ください。
- Copyright © 2010 Yasunari Harada, except for the title and abstract of the talk announced and profile descriptions of the speakers. All rights reserved.
- First drafted September 25th, 2010. Last revised October 23rd, 2010.
- The talk announced in this web page are subject to change without prior notice. The organizers should not be held responsible for any purported damages by prospective participants due to those changes.