Professor, Faculty of Political Science and Economics, Waseda University
Work in Progress
- An asymmetric Melitz model of trade and growth.
- A larger country sets a lower optimal tariff.
- [Abstract] An Eaton-Kortum model of trade and growth, RIETI Discussion Paper Series 12-E-055, 2015, Canadian Journal of Economics, conditionally accepted.
- [Abstract] Aid for trade and global growth, RIETI Discussion Paper Series 15-E-025, 2015, Review of International Economics, revise and resubmit.
- [Abstract] Capital accumulation through studying abroad and return migration, with Laixun Zhao, Discussion Paper Series DP2014-06, RIEB, Kobe University, 2014.
Publications in Refereed Journals
- [Abstract] Aid for trade, infrastructure, and growth, International Tax and Public Finance 20(6), 886-909, 2013.
- [Abstract] Aid for trade and welfare, Japanese Economic Review 63(2), 216-231, 2012.
- [Abstract] A Ricardian model of trade and growth with endogenous trade status, Journal of International Economics 87(1), 80-88, 2012.
- [Abstract] A two-country model of trade and growth with intersectoral knowledge spillovers, with Ryoji Ohdoi, Journal of Economics 103(1), 39-58, 2011.
- [Abstract] Aid, non-traded goods, and growth, Canadian Journal of Economics 43(2), 423-439, 2010.
- [Abstract] Aging, transitional dynamics, and gains from trade, with Laixun Zhao, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control 33(8), 1531-1542, 2009.
- [Abstract] Welfare- and revenue-enhancing tariff and tax reform under imperfect competition, with Kenzo Abe, Journal of Public Economic Theory 10(6), 1085-1094, 2008.
- [Abstract] Dynamics of a two-sector endogenous growth model with intersectoral knowledge spillovers, with Ryoji Ohdoi, Economic Theory 35(3), 599-605, 2008.
- [Abstract] Growth, revenue, and welfare effects of tariff and tax reform: win-win-win strategies, Journal of Public Economics 90(6-7), 1263-1280, 2006.
- [Abstract] Pattern of trade and indeterminacy, Journal of Macroeconomics 28(2), 409-427, 2006.
- [Abstract] Tariff and tax reform: dynamic implications, Journal of International Economics 68(2), 504-517, 2006.
- [Abstract] Revenue-neutral environmental tariff reform, growth, and welfare, Review of International Economics 13(5), 985-996, 2005.
- [Abstract] Pareto-improving untied aid with environmental externalities, Journal of Economics 80(2), 161-169, 2003.
- [Abstract] Revenue-neutral tariff reform and growth in a small open economy, Journal of Development Economics 71(1), 213-232, 2003.
- [Abstract] Tariff revenue, government expenditure and growth in a small open economy, Japanese Economic Review 51(3), 391-406, 2000.
- [Abstract] A rationale for infant-industry protection and gradual trade liberalization, Review of Development Economics 4(2), 164-174, 2000.
2016 Spring office hours: Wed 2p (10:40-12:10pm), 3-1202
Lectures for AY 2016-2017
Course information will be available at Course N@vi.
- Microeconomics III (in English) (graduate/undergraduate, spring first half)
- International Microeconomic Policy (in English) (undergraduate, spring)
- International Microeconomic Policy (in Japanese) (undergraduate, spring)
Student Seminars (closed in AY 2016-2018 due to sabbatical)
May 26, 2016