This is Prof. Tuchiya Reiko Web Site
Professor (Sociology and Media History), The School of Political Science and Economics (SPSE), Waseda University.
Degree: Ph. D. (Sociology) from Hitotsubashi University, Tokyo.
Address : #8-617, 1-6-1 Nishiwaseda Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 169-8050
A detailed traffic guide to Wasede University SPSE is here.
- April 2010 to present:Professor, The School of Political Science and Economics (SPSE), Waseda University.
- April 2005 to March 2010:Professor, Department of Sociology, Graduate School of Literature and Human Science, Osaka City University.
- April 1998 to March 2005:Associate Professor, Department of Sociology, Graduate School of Literature and Human Science, Osaka City University.
- April 1998 to March 1999:Visiting professor, Institute of Socio-Information and Communication Studies, the University of Tokyo
Published Books and Papers
- Mar. 2006 (in print) "Jounalism Studies of 'Imperial' Japan" ; Yamamoto Taketoshi ed., 'Imperial Japan' in Media, Iwanami Kouza series:Knowledge and Sciences of 'Imperial' Japan,Vol.4, Iwanami Shoten, Tokyo
- Aug. 2005 "War report on Formosa Expedition in 1874 - articles of the newspaper, Tokyo Nichi-nichi Shinbun -" Society for Historial Studies of Meiji Restoration, Meiji Restoration and Culture, Yoshikawa Kobunkan, Tokyo
- Mar. 2005 "Psychological Warfare and Propaganda Leaflets against Japan in the Battle of Okinawa" ; Jinbun Knekyu:Studies in the Humanities, Bulletin of the Graduated School of Literature and Human Sciences, Osaka City University,Vol.56, Osaka
- Jan. 2005 "An Introduction to the study of Propaganda Leaflets against Japan by Allied Powers during World War Two"; Intelligence, No.5, the Institute of 20th Century Media, Kinokuniya, Tokyo
- Apr. 2004 American Media and Wartime Censorship ; (Japanese translation of "Secrets of Victory - the Office of Censorship and the American Press and Radio in World War Two" by M.S. Sweeny, 2001), Hosei University Press, Tokyo
- Dec. 2002 The Origin of Popular Newspapers in Japan - "Small Newspapers" in Early Meiji ,Sekaisishousha, Kyoto
- May 2002 Japanese Popular Culture and the Korea-Japan relationship - based on the reseach on the consciousness of Korean young people toward Japan (co-edited with Assoc. Prof. Pak Sunhe of Honam University, Korea),Sangensha Publishing Inc., Tokyo.
- March 2002 "Baseball Events and Sports Newspapers after World War Two",(Tsuganesawa Toshihiro ed.)Media Events of Post-War Japan from 1945 to 1960, Sekaishisousha, Kyoto
- Oct. 2000 Japan Collection of Nishikie-Shinbun, Bunsei Shoin, Tokyo(This CD-ROM publishing won the second Degital Archive Award by the Degital Frontier Kyoto Committee)
- Dec. 1999 "House Organs published by Japanese Department stores until 1945" (Yamamoto Taketoshi ed.) Cultural History of Japanese Department Stores, Sekai-shisousha, Kyoto.
- Dec. 1995 Nishikie-Shinbun of Osaka, p.253, Sangensha Publishing Inc., Tokyo
- Dec. 1992 The History of National and Language Problems in the Soviet Union (Translation of "Soviet Disunion" by Nahairo and Svoboda), Akashi-Shoten Co.,Ltd., Tokyo
- Oct.2001- Jan.2002 Supervised Exhibition of "Nishikie-Shibun"(Illustrated Ukiyo-E newspapers of Meji Era), titled "News Media Artisans in Meiji at the Japan Newspaper Museum in Yokohama.
- Oct. 1999 - Dec.1999 Exhibition titled "Birth of News - Visual Media In 19th-century Japan" at the University Museum, the University of Tokyo,supervised as a project member.
- Apr.1999 - March 2000 Sociological research on recognition of Japanese Apr. 2002 - present Comparative Analysis of Popular Newspapers between France, UK and Japan in late 19th century, (as project head)
- Grant -in-Aid for Scientific Research by Japanese Ministry of Education,Culture, Sports, Science and Technology
- Apr.1999 - March 2000 Sociological research on recognition of Japanese character goods and reorganization of Japanese image among young Koreans,aided by the Yoshida Hideo Memorial Foundation
- Apr.1996 - March 1999 Quantitive Analysis of Vocabulary and Words of Popular Newspapers in the 1880's in Japan, Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research by Japanese Ministry of Education.
- March 2002 "Interview with Archivist John Taylor of NARA" (interviewed in English and translated into Japanese), Intelligence, No.1, Kinokuniya Bookstore, Tokyo, pp.38-47
- The Japan Mass-communication Society(member of editorial board from July,2001)
- The Japan Sociological Society
- International Ukiyo-E Society
- Japan Publishing Society
- Japan Public-Relation Society
- The Institute of 20th Century Media(member of editorial board for annual magazine titled "Intelligence")
- The Study Group for Multilingual Societies(member of editorial board for the semi-annual magazine titled "Language and Society")